Saturday, December 24, 2011

My detox says...no Coffee


...I got a book for Christmas. I don't celebrate most of the holidays, so it was a nice treat. " You are what you eat" reads the title. I should have guessed this is what I would get from the one friend who eats carrots for sweets... It's a great book after all. I opened it 2 days ago. And realized that most of my tweets are about my food...I have a problem! According to the "detox"..coffee is bad for us. Grrrr.

I made a coffee this morning. A very yum one. Black. Strong. Happy. From a kick-ass machine that could talk if you let it. I sipped on it slowly while watching my parents open their Christmas gifts. Then my dad asked me, " Do I look like Elana Afrika's dad"? Stroking his fine suit. "Yes" I replied.
We smiled.
I don't need a detox today. I needed to hear that I belong. This coffee is getting better and better.
Merry Christmas if your celebrating. Chag Sameach friends. X

No comments:

Post a Comment