Monday, December 26, 2011

From Milkshake to Champers...

I just turned 17 when I performed in my first professional Theatre production, and a 1st year varsity student. I thought work was play. Literally. I remember drinking milkshakes, and fighting with my department at Drama School to let me perform in Cape Town while the other kids were competing for marks in student productions. I admired Marc Lottering then. A lot.

Last night I saw the David Kramer musical, "Some like it Vrot"- it features Marc Lottering and Christo Davids in the lead roles of Smiley and Fuad, characters created by Lottering in his stand-up routines.

A must see. I was totally inspired, overwhelmed, excited and so proud.....Gonna drink a strawberry milkshake later....Just wanna feel 17 again!

Some like it Vrot is at the Baxter theatre until 14 January.

No comments:

Post a Comment